Tuesday 5 March 2013

Making everything in life better

Experiencing a food phenomenon may not be a regular occurrence, however my latest visit to the big smoke brought about such an event. On a graze around Soho, my good friend Neil introduced me to the delight that is Tonkotsu Bar and Ramen, an unassuming venue with stock pots bubbling away on view and serving undoubtedly the best chicken I have ever had. Fact. Accompanying the several exquisite dishes sampled was the Tsuru chilli oil which acts as a marinade, dip or a sauce and the menu encourages you to 'eat the bits'. In the words of my dining companion, it 'just makes everything in life better'.



The need to purchase a jar was undeniable so now what to do with it? I'm thinking the marinade option, a simple sea bass served on a bed of roasted veg. I am however, open to be persuaded otherwise.

1 comment:

  1. It's quite good with some added sesame oil and garlic tossed into spinach before cooking....

    ReplyDelete